Friday, June 15, 2007

Summer Enrichment for Pets, Debate Week

Our Mom keeps us studying in the summer. We are on vacation but she does not want our brains to soften. Mine feels just like it does during the school year but she may be on to something. A cat can't watch tree frogs and gekkos everyday without losing calculus and Cat History themes.

This was debate week. Sister, my dog, attended with us. Here is our debate:

Leash Laws: For or Against?

Rules: no name calling like "dog breath" or "hairball"; the louder your voice, the stronger your point.

Sister: I am against leash laws. How can a dog protect her people and cats if she can't run around checking the property. The hurricane broke our fence. Just because I go out into the street to sniff the Methodist tires across the street is no reason to stay home on a leash. What if a bad cat came into our yard or a bad dog? Leash laws are wrong!

Whistle: I am for leash laws. Dogs, except you, Sister, are scary and bad. Who needs dogs running around making poop and barking? What if they came into our house? Fish has a splint and he can't run as fast as I can. Put every dog except you on a leash! I like Molly and she's a dog but she is too busy at her home to come see us. She is an exception. All dogs on leashes!

Everyone applauded for us! We got a cat cookie for our good debate.

I'm not sure what we will study next week. The topic may be: "Hold It or Use the Litterbox: Six Steps to Better Pet Behavior. Yuk, like that would be fun...

Yours,

Whistle

3 comments:

Littlemankitty said...

I say let the dogs run free, and put the PEOPLE on leashes. Not the nice people, but the icky ones. Like vets.

Molly said...

Dear Whistle,
Thank you for your kind words! I am much too nice to need a leash, but my Mom insists. She is afraid I will get interested in a good smell and be hurt by a car in the street. She says that is her WORST FEAR EVER!!! I think I am smarter than that. But they won't let me out front without the leash.
I'm sorry the hurricane broke your fence. Can you go down the street and ride in the Presbyterian trucks?
Love,
Your friend,
Molly

Anonymous said...

TODAY MY PAPA AND MOM FOUND TWO DOGS RUNNING AROUND BY THEMSELVES WITHOUT COLLARS OR LEASHES. THEY HELPED SAVE THE DOGS FROM RUNNING ONTO THE HIGHWAY. I DON'T REALLY NEED A LEASH TO STAY AT MY HOUSE, BUT THOSE DOGS DID.
YOUR FRIEND,
SAM